Dongguan Fortuna Metals CO., Ltd
No. 226, Shida Road, Dalingshan Town, Dongguan 523810, Guangdong, China
For metal stamping parts dies, there is a standard definition in the industry, but today we will explain to you from another angle the areas you don’t know about metal stamping dies. Regarding metal stamping molds,
Dongguan Fortuna Metals has the absolute advantage and right to speak in this aspect. The experience accumulated over more than 20 years is enough for us to have a clear understanding of the details of this industry.
Next, we will start from the assembly parts and processing of molds. A brief introduction to the process, mold debugging precautions, and how the mold should be maintained.
What is a metal stamping parts mold?
The so-called metal stamping die is a production tool based on the processing and shaping of raw materials such as metal plates and pipes. Metal stamping parts or CNC parts produced by molds can be used in automobiles, 3C consumer electronics,
aerospace and other fields, and can be customized according to the company's specific needs by providing drawings.
As for the parts composition of the mold, I believe everyone knows very little. In fact, to put it simply, the mold is divided into two parts: the upper mold and the lower mold. The upper mold is generally fixed on the slide block of the press through the
mold handle, and moves up and down along the press guide rail with the slide block. The lower mold is fixed. On the press table. The mold contains various parts - working parts (also called forming parts, which are in direct contact with the stamping
material and are pressed to complete the stamping process), positioning parts (to determine the correct position of the material or process parts to ensure the quality of the parts), Guide parts ( to ensure the accuracy of the mutual position between the
upper and lower molds and ensure that all parts of the mold are in good operating condition ), support parts, and fastening parts. It is precisely because of the existence of these parts that the mold can operate normally.
Differentiate mold types by process
1、Single-process mold - a mold that only needs to complete one stamping parts process during the operation of the machine. Its advantage is simple maintenance, but the production efficiency is seriously insufficient, it is easy to consume too much
manpower and material resources, and the product yield rate is not high .
2、Composite mold - a mold that performs two or more stamping parts processes on the same station while the machine is running. The mold has high dimensional accuracy and high product production efficiency. Since the upper and lower molds are easily
restricted by the minimum wall thickness, the cost of use is high.
3、Progressive die (also called continuous die) - During the press stroke, two or more stations complete two or more stamping parts processes one after another. This mold has high production efficiency and high product yield without consuming too much time and labor costs, but its maintenance costs are high and the operation is difficult .
4、Transfer mold - combining the characteristics of single-process mold and progressive mold , its operation is completely mechanized and can quickly realize the in-mold transfer of products . While improving the production efficiency of the product, it reduces product production costs and saves material costs, and the quality of the product is also improved. Comes with a guarantee.
eight aspects that need to be paid attention to during the debugging process of stamping parts molds
1.The trial mold material should be carefully selected, the material should be straight and free of impurities;
2.All aspects of the performance of the plates and pipes used in the mold trial must comply with the requirements specified in the product drawings.
3. When testing the mold, the stamping mold should be used on the required designated equipment, and the stamping mold should be installed firmly ;
4. Before debugging the mold , conduct a comprehensive inspection to ensure that there are no faults before installation;
5. Before trying out the mold, add lubricant to each part of the die for lubrication , so as not to cause damage to the machine during the production process ;
6. The most important thing is to check whether the discharge and ejector are flexible before trying out the mold . If there are any problems, they should be corrected in time without damaging the mold ;
7. Carefully check the cutting edge of the die, sharpen and trim it in advance, check the uniformity of the die gap first , and install it on the press after confirming it is suitable;
8. The products after mold trial are generally no less than 25 pieces, and should be properly kept to serve as the basis for delivering the mold.
Mold maintenance in 9 steps
1.Maintain the mold cavity in time, clean the oil and waste on the surface of the mold , and spray anti-rust oil on the mold after cleaning ;
2. Check whether the mold guide posts, guide sleeves, guide plates, and blank holders are intact and clean the grease on the guide rails in time, and replace the lubricant with fresh and clean lubricants regularly;
3. The tightness of mold parts and components should be checked and problematic components should be replaced;
4. Carry out repair welding, grinding, polishing and other treatments on worn parts , check whether they are consistent with the drawings , and whether the formed surface is worn;
5. Check the mold pressing and unloading parts, and repair and replace damaged parts;
6. Check the guide device and tilt wedge device to repair and replace worn and broken parts;
7. Check the wear status of the punch and cutting edge, repair and replace the worn area;
8. Check whether the template and mold are worn and deformed, and whether the parts are worn and deformed for repair and replacement;
9. Check the gap between the molds and the wear of the ridges. Maintenance is required if there is wear.
As a highly recognized hardware stamping parts manufacturer in the industry, Dongguan Fortuna Metals is naturally unparalleled in the process, customization, and maintenance of molds. It is precisely because of our careful production of molds that our products are highly recognized.