Dongguan Fortuna Metals CO., Ltd
No. 226, Shida Road, Dalingshan Town, Dongguan 523810, Guangdong, China
When stamping parts are processed, it is necessary to choose the appropriate metal material, considering the performance and process performance of the material. The obtained metal stamping parts can meet the requirements in terms of dimensional accuracy and structural shape. So, what are the specific requirements for metal materials in stamping parts processing, let's find out.
1. Chemical composition of metal materials: Generally speaking, the lower the carbon content of steel, the less impurity content, the better its plasticity and the lower its hardness. Therefore, low carbon steel and low alloy steel (low carbon content) are widely used in stamping materials.
2. Mechanical properties of metal materials: Considering the technological properties of materials, the plasticity index of materials is of great significance. For the deformation process, the better the plasticity, the greater the degree of deformation of the material is allowed, and the better the manufacturability of the material. For the separation process, the material should have suitable plasticity. If the plasticity is too high and the material is too soft, more burrs are likely to occur on the edge of the punched part, and its size is not easy to meet the required precision. If the plasticity is too low, the material is too hard and brittle, and the life of the mold will be affected.
3. Organizational structure of metal materials: The mechanical properties of metal materials depend not only on their chemical composition, but also on their organizational structure. Generally speaking, the finer the structure of the metal, the greater the plasticity, which is beneficial to the deformation of the material during stamping. However, the structure of the metal is too fine, which will increase the strength and hardness of the material.
Metal stamping parts Stamping parts processing
4. Surface quality of metal materials: The materials of stamping parts are mostly steel plates, among which thin plates are more common. The state has certain regulations and requirements for the surface quality of steel plates. The surface of the material needs to be smooth and smooth, free from scratches, impurities, pores and shrinkage cavities; the section of the material has no delamination and no obvious mechanical damage; the surface of the material has no rust, scale and other attachments. In the stamping process, materials with good surface quality can obtain stamped parts with smooth surface and high quality, and it is not easy to break and damage the mold during the deformation process.
5. Thickness tolerance of metal materials: When stamping parts are processed, the deviation requirements for material thickness are relatively strict. Because a certain die gap is suitable for punching materials with a certain thickness, if the same die gap is used to punch materials with large thickness differences, the quality and precision of the resulting stamping parts will be reduced, and the die will be easily damaged. Especially in drawing, flanging and bending processes, due to uneven material thickness, it may lead to waste products. When shaping large stamping parts, it may even damage the press. Some mills also specify length and width tolerances for cut strips. These regulations are all to ensure that stamping and blanking can be carried out according to the designed layout without wasting materials. At the same time, in order to ensure that the strips are positioned correctly on the die, the stamped parts obtained after stamping have no missing edges or corners.